ROII's 2023 Refund Distribution

As 2023 re-enrollment notices go out, we find that many companies have questions about the upcoming ROII refund distribution. Here is what ROII will be distributing this Spring:

ROII will be distributing the 1st refund adjustment for the 2021 plan year, which represents the 25% pro-rata share of the refund – the remaining 75% performance share will be distributed in the Spring of 2025. We are also distributing the final performance share of the refund for the 2019 plan year – the pro-rata share was distributed previously in the Spring of 2021. ROII participants enrolled in these plan years who have a loss ratio below 0.792 (developed claim costs divided by standard premium) should have a check. L&I will perform their 2023 adjustment at the end of April, and ROII should have check amounts available in mid-May. 

Below is a timeline of the refund distribution starting with the 2019 plan year and running through the 2023 plan year, which begins July 1, 2023.

Refunds based on 25% pro-rata 75% performance:

1st refund-distributes all of the 25% pro-rata share

3rd and final refund-distributes all of the 75% performance

NOTE: NO refund distributed for 2nd adjustment

*To qualify for a refund, companies must have a loss ratio (Developed Losses divided by Standard Premium) below 0.792 for the plan year.

If you have questions about the refunds, you can contact ROII Director, Jenn Kavanaugh.


Related Posts

The numbers are in! The Department of Labor & Industries reported record refunds for ROII participants. Check out how we did!

This check season is one for the books! ROII attended over 12 check events across Washington and returned over $33 million to well-deserving companies who have chosen to make safety a priority. In fact, for the 2018-19 plan year, ROII participants earned an average refund of 53%, and over half of our participants got 56% back on their L&I premiums.